Monday, March 15, 2021

Location scouting

 Hey everyone!

SO I have been doing some super crazy and so exciting location scouting ! :/

I need to shoot at a soccer field, obviously.

I want to stay local since I do not have a car. I considered some of the fields near me, like Vista Park, right next to my highschool. Those are really well kept, but they get pretty crowded and I don't live nearby, so it would be hard to find a time where I would have consistent field space.

I also thought about Amelia Earhart park, which is beautiful. I play there a lot for tournaments and it's just such a nice park, so I'd love to shoot there. But unfortunately, I have the same issues. This one is much further, and how would I ensure the space?

The best answer was staring at me right in my stupid face. Weston Regional Park! My team practices there Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. On Thursdays, we practice at the rinks. But that is not as visually remarkable as a soccer field. I want the classic look, ya know? That would give off a much more practice vibe. Not cool.

So this is my beautiful park:


I'm probably going to shoot at field 2, as seen in the first picture. Those are turf fields, so they're better kept and have better-drawn field lines. But mostly because we already practice on those fields, so I have space ensured. Also, I don't have to make anyone drive anywhere in their free time! We'll already be there for practice anyways. Very convenient this way.
Look at me, figuring things out. How resourceful of me. What a college-ready woman! UCF is not ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...