Tuesday, March 2, 2021

brainstorming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi blog! I have to say, things are looking slightly better but still not good enough. I can't help but think that my frustration due to the lack of a solid idea for my short film is not helping me. I just feel mad that I haven't struck a pot of gold in my brain and pulled out this incredible idea out of nowhere. Lots of self-doubt going on right now but trying to push past it because my entire blog cannot consist of self-deprecating humor. That would be mildly concerning for my audience.
Anyways, I've been doing some brainstorming! Yay! It's a stressful process, but I know only good things come out of it. I was talking to my dad about this project. He is a director, and unlike me, comes up with a lot of ideas for short stories in his free time. He just normally does nothing with them, as he can't execute every idea that pops into his head. (Luckily, my integrity is intact as I have forced myself to come up with an original idea.) I told my dad about my lead into the whole tooth idea, and we began bouncing ideas off of each other. I've always liked to brainstorm with other people, as I think that other people's ideas can always provide inspiration. 


So, something I really liked was the idea of shooting from the point of view of the tooth. This could be done with a lot of shots from a low angle, maybe including parents comforting a crying child, or a pillow being lifted off the bed as someone checks to see whether the tooth is still there. I think that could be cute. 
Or, I could go in the direction of the tooth fairy. Maybe the tooth fairy is this totally unconventional character (Think "Tooth Fairy" featuring Dwayne the Rock Johnson, 2010) 
I could also do a tooth waiting room! I also really liked this idea. Say the tooth is waiting to be accepted into whatever tooth database, and the receptionist is all like "Sorry, we have no records of blah blah" and the tooth goes into a total crisis because he suddenly apparently doesn't exist. I don't know, saying it aloud makes it sound a little dumb.
Maybe the tooth character is broken, and he is running around, trying to find the other pieces of him? Maybe this tooth is in a zoom call because the waiting room is not functioning mid-pandemic? Honestly, scratch that. I'm sick of pandemic humor. Those Progressive commercials are getting on my last nerve. 
The tooth in zoom call mid-pandemic.
My mom also kept all my teeth that I lost as a child. She insists this is not a creepy thing to do because "baby teeth are cute and she is my mom and wants to keep memories of my childhood," but it's giving me some weird vibes. But I could include a shot with that at some point! My dad suggested that sometimes it is easier to develop a story starting with its ending, but with all these possible ideas, it is hard for me to picture an ending.
I swear I'm trying you guys. Bear with me, please.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...