Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Casting

 Good news!! 

So I really wanted my short film to have a really natural feel to it. I have a good amount of friends who are comfortable/good at acting that I could have asked to play my goalie. But honestly, I wanted my goalie to be played by my goalie. Pretty shocking cast right?

Her name is Alexandra Jones and she is a senior as well. We have been on the same team for like six years now, and we are super good friends. She plays for the varsity team at Cypress too! I've seen a lot of really good goalkeepers in my time playing soccer, but she takes the crown. Not because she plays for my team; we have played against some teams that are far better than we are. But she has a really raw, natural talent.

Now I'm not ranting about how amazing Alex is for the sake of you all being as in love and in awe of her as I am. I wanted to cast her for a few reasons:

  1. It will feel natural- she knows what she's doing.
  2. She's super talented, so I can get some amazing shots of her saves.
  3. She is a good friend of mine! It's easier to ask friends for favors than strangers 
  4. We are on the same team, so it won't be hard to find the time. 
    • We practice on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (Thursdays we practice in a soccer rink rather than on the field, so I don't think I'll be utilizing any footage from those nights.  I like the look of a soccer field better.) We can either stay after practice to record some or come early. If not, there are always weekends.
When I approached Alex with the idea, she was super open to it!!! It was so relieving because it helps to know that I don't have to stress about finding someone else. She told me she has no problem with me recording action shots of her whatsoever, and that she'd actually love to see them shot in an ~aesthetic~ manner. Her only concern, however, was that she is not a trained actress and never really does anything like this. 
Perhaps with a different film, this would concern me, but I think it might work in my favor. I want her character to be closed off and shy, so her discomfort with acting might be exactly what I want to portray. I  told her that since I don't have too
many details with the plot yet, and more just an idea of it, that I would let her know when I have a script so she can practice a little bit. 

Anyways, this is her! She's the super perfect amazing beautiful stunning one in the middle with the insane blue eyes: 


I plan on keeping her name as Alex. I think Alex is such a soccer name. It's perfect. 
I'll keep you guys updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...