Monday, April 5, 2021

Super cool idea I had because I am so awesome

 Hi guys!

I know my blogs are very much like boring filler updates right now but I'm just ~~pre production~~ so give me a little bit of time and they'll get more interesting.

I had an idea today!

SO because I'll be shooting a soccer film, obviously there will be lots of green. Like duh

I had this super cool idea though!

Like I've mentioned, my goalie takes the sport too seriously. She is very good, butttt she is very hard on herself. I want to work with colors to represent this frustration.

It's pretty obvious, but in Media Studies AS level, when we studied color theory, we learned that red represents anger and passion. The article, The Psychology of Color in Film, helped me as well.

Most of my film will be shot with normal coloration, minimal filters. (Grass is green, the sky is blue) But when, for example, she misses a save, messes up a pass, or at the moment she finds out she was not accepted to her school (if I choose to do that,) I want the screen to go red. Add a bright red filter to the shot, representing that intense feeling of frustration with herself. I think this could be a very cool stylistic choice that would spice up my piece a little. I would also want to add voiceovers during these bits, instead of the normal sound. (ex. Have her call herself an idiot, or something like "not good enough)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...