Friday, March 5, 2021

I have run into trouble.

 Hello. 

That was a more somber greeting than normal, I hope you noticed. It's because I am in a horrible mood, to be honest. So that idea I had, about the teeth? That wasn't even an idea really, just a bunch of small possible concepts I could work with? But it was all I had? You guys know what I'm talking about??

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER!!! AT ALL!!!! BECAUSE GUESS WHAT???? IT SUCKS!!! SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!

I have come to some realizations. There are a lot of possible obstacles with this whole quirky tooth concept I had:

  1. I do not have A CHILD!!! How am I supposed to create a cute little short film about losing teeth when the people who lose teeth are CHILDREN?? I am the youngest sibling. I do not necessarily have the resources to cast a child either. Most of my friends don't even have little siblings that I could even work with. 
  2. How am I supposed to produce this? A tooth is SO SMALL. Like it's minuscule. What was I planning on doing? A voiceover for the super tiny tooth? Working with the distance of objects from the camera like they did in The Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings? Who do I think I am??? Also, how is it going to move? Stop motion? A little string? Come on Juli. 
  3. Following #2, this piece would really only work well if it were animated. Here's the thing, though: I do not have the time, NOR the talent, to animate. So there goes that. 
So, what have we learned here? 
This is a horrible idea and I need to trash it. I would say that I overestimated my time and skill set, but that isn't even the case. It wasn't blissful ignorance or confidence in my abilities. I was honestly just thrilled at the fact that I had somewhat of an idea, finally. 
Now, I must find another idea, soon. This is me right now:
Fun fact: This can be applied to this project AND my life in general! How super hilarious is that! 
It'll be okay though. I'm gonna figure this out. I promised you all a very cool project, and a very cool project you will get. 
Goodbye. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...