Thursday, February 18, 2021

Inspiration!

 Hello to all my beautiful and amazing blog readers! Hope you guys are having a good weekend!

So I bring some bad news. I am still uncertain what to make my short film about. It's kind of stressing me out because I don't want to fall behind, but I am staying optimistic. I'm currently freezing my butt off in the cold so I am hoping some inspiration is drawn from my misery. Most artists create their best art from pain! I will not be an exception. 

To keep me productive, I've been researching some short films. I still am not set on a genre either, so I decided to focus on short films that told a story well. Here are some examples:



If Anything Happens I Love You

This is a heartbreaking short film about parents who struggle with their grief after losing their daughter to a school shooting. While I wouldn't create an animated film, nor do I want to create a sad film, this piece tells a story very well. It creates an emotional connection with the audience, which is something I would like to do as well. (to a lesser extent- this is a sensitive subject) Even though it is short, through the use of flashbacks and a montage of the daughter growing up, they fit an entire childhood in the piece. The story is developed well and I hope that I can create something with a functioning timeline.


Piper

This is a really cute short film! It inspired me mostly in the fact that it has a super interesting yet insanely simple plot. It is just about a little baby bird trying to manage life on the beach, but you still find yourself super attached and drawn in. This showed me that my short film doesn't have to be this super crazy intricate idea, but rather something I know people will watch. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...