Wednesday, March 17, 2021

group meetings #2

 hi!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we had our second group meeting today! This one went drastically better than our previous one considering I actually had an idea to talk about this time. I listened to everyone else's ideas first because I get a little shy. It was super cool to hear how creative my classmates are! I'm genuinely really looking forward to seeing everyone's project, especially since we have more of a variety of projects to choose from this year. It's also intimidating though because I feel like everyone's projects are so original. Oh well, I'm probably just overthinking. Or maybe I'm unoriginal and boring and I suck. I do not know.



So I had some help with guiding my story along.

My main problem right now is figuring out an ending to my story. I know what I want it to be about, but what will my goalie do? What solves, or doesn't solve, her conflict? How am I tying this together? 

Like I said, she becomes to project her goalie lifestyle into her life; she keeps everyone out and "blocks" everyone, only focusing on the game. 

Someone suggested that maybe she has a big tournament coming up, and to take the story in that route. As in her preparing, and then going. However, I feel like I would want to include the tournament in that case, and I can't because due to Covid, we have no tournaments right now. So it would be unrealistic because I couldn't recreate that environment without many people.

An idea I liked was her preparing for college decisions. Like maybe she wants to go to UNC for soccer, and she spends days coming up freaking out, and then in the end she doesn't get in. OR maybe she does? That'd be kind of lame though.

ORRRRRRRRRR another idea that I liked was that she decides to quit soccer. She is so obsessed with it and I can portray it in such a negative light that in the end, she decides it isn't even fun for her anymore. That could be cool. Like even though she's crazy talented, she just loses interest.

So I have to consider those last two more, I think. Time's running out though.

A classmate also suggested an editing software called davinciresolve, which I might use if I don't understand my program. But to be honest, I might end up sticking with iMovie.

That's all I have to share right now. We did all get to just chat a little, which was nice because I honestly never get to do that. Since most of us are online, we never just talk to each other randomly like this, you know? I barely get into breakout rooms and most of them are for a short assignment. We just talked about being seniors and stuff. It was nice. 

Alright, well I will be thinking lots. Many decisions to make. Ciao !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...