Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Project Reflection

Hi blog !! I hope everyone is doing well. Today in my post, I will be doing some *~ self reflection ~* and analyzing myself and my choices.

The Digital Canary: Activity 3 - Critical Reflections & Responses ...

Working on this project has been a rollercoaster. At the beginning, I struggled to come up with any solid ideas. I had ideas of some cool shots I felt I could take, but I couldn't think of a story to back it up. Once I joined Paola and Val's group, things picked up. We had a really fun idea that required filming on location and we developed a calendar to make meeting easier with each other's schedules. I personally let myself fall behind with this project and it's my biggest regret about the whole thing. I went through a lot of personal issues throughout the course of the development of the project, and while its normal to have a small setback, I let my issues take over. I ignored not only this project for a while, but also my other classes and other priorities. It made it hard to keep up with my group mates and the project itself. However, after a lot of help from my teacher, I was able to catch up. I wish that I hadn't let myself become so distracted, but it is just something I have to learn from at this point.
Developing our opening was an interesting process. When we had to change our story due to the Corona virus, we all felt kind of stuck. We ended up switching ideas a couple times before finally landing on Kali. It was not our original plan, but we're all still really happy with it and the work we put into it. Though I acted in it, that wasn't part of the plan either. I wanted to be behind the camera, directing more, but due to social distancing and having to film at home, I didn't really have another choice. I was able to get the shots I wanted, so I still had that say in things, but I just personally don't like acting. I do wish we had incorporated some more visually interesting shots too, looking back on it. With the time constraints and circumstances, we didn't take as many risks as I would have liked to. But this whole process really served as a learning experience for me because it really showed that things can go very wrong during the development of a project, but you have to keep going. Even with all the obstacles placed in front of you, you have to work around them, and put out something that you feel proud of.
Ultimately, the biggest thing I learned about this project was that I need to manage my time better. Even with other things going on in my life, I need to be able to compartmentalize and put time into school and other things too. I am happy with our final project, but I wish I hadn't isolated myself like that. Overall though, I really like our film opening, and it was a super fun project. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...