Friday, March 13, 2020

Some cool action movie openings !

Hey blog! It's Friday! My schedule has opened up a lot since practically everything but school has been getting cancelled due to the Corona virus. I'm scared that if things get worse my group won't be able to meet to film. But we're staying positive!
I did some extra research on action movie openings because while the fantasy ones I researched also can be action movies, I wanted to fine tune it more and get a better understanding.

The Dark Knight (2008)
This scene, while it starts with action immediately rather than towards the end like in our film, does a great job at enticing the audience and grabbing their attention. It lets the viewers know that this is going to be a fast paced, violent movie. The main purpose of this scene was to introduce the antagonist, the Joker, and allude to conflict with him. 
Image result for the dark knight robbery scene

Dukirk (2017)
This scene introduces you to the main character, Tommy. While it is not a dialogue-heavy film, you still follow him throughout the movie, so this scene is really important in setting that up. It also gives context; soldiers surrounded in World War 2. Like The Dark Knight, this opening keeps you interested and keeps you wanting more. 
Image result for dunkirk opening scene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...