Friday, April 9, 2021

poster research!

 Hi blog! Hope you are all safe and in good health :)

SO, I wanted to get some inspiration for my postcard prior to shooting and getting the stills I need to create it.

Since my movie is in the genre of sports films, I wanted to focus on those.

These posters feature the main character as the focal point. With varying aesthetics, they all have the sport evidently portrayed as well, mostly through the costume choices. This is a good option for me especially because my film will be character-driven, as Alex's character development is what pushes the plot along. Additionally, I like how powerful it makes the characters look. I'm thinking a really good shot of her in front of the goal could be a simple, yet bold poster. However, it might be too simple for my taste. 


These types of posters are also an option. They show the concept of the movie (given sport) but are more focused on the aesthetic of the shot. They feel more creative to me. I think I could also do a picture of her cleats. A closeup of her cleats with the goal blurred in the background would look cool, too. 


When it comes to font choices, I think I will decide once I get the shot. But, I really like bold, strong fonts, like in the Rocky III poster. I am a fan of the powerful look of it. I also would like to keep it as simple as possible.

These posters will help generate my postcard, which I want to look like a movie poster anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...