Friday, April 3, 2020

FILMING !

Hi everybody !! Today was a great day. My group finally was able to film. Though we were unable to film together, both Val and I were able to get our separate footage. I don't know about her, but filming was quite interesting, at least for me.
My brother was the camera man for the majority of my footage, which was nice considering he's a film major. While I directed all the shots, it was super helpful to have some collaboration and advice from someone who's studied this more in depth than I have. We were planning on shooting with my Nikon camera, but since Val was unable to get a camera too, I ended up using my iPhone XR camera to shoot, which is still good quality.
Shooting outside at night was kind of hard with this and didn't have as nice of a visual effect as I could have hoped, but its okay. It was also a little hard considering I was shooting a scene with my dog, who decided not to take it seriously and just lay on the floor instead of acting. It was kind of rude of her but I have decided to forgive her because not everyone is born with natural talent and she is also a dog.
Female filmmaker friday GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

My parents were fortunately very willing to do whatever I asked, however it seems I overestimated my dad's acting abilities. Getting him to say a couple a lines proved to be a challenge due to his accent, but after about one million takes, it sounded good. Also I found out my mom can cry on demand? It could have been useful except for the fact that she refused to cry on camera, so I don't really know why she even showed me that trick, it's cruel. I literally begged her to but she was being super stubborn so currently a little mad at her but it's okay.
The Disaster Artist GIF by A24 - Find & Share on GIPHY

The scene shot in my bedroom was super frustrating, I won't lie. When the camera is only on me, I can't help but laugh. Also we wanted to do a trick with lights flickering, but the lights in my room don't flicker fast enough so it just looked really dumb. I also hit my head like twice while trying to fall back on my bed so I might have a concussion but I will keep you all posted.

I don't want to share any stills of the footage so you are all surprised later. ;-) Now all we have left to do is to edit, tweak some things and work on our blogs and CCR. I feel much more relieved now. Stay safe !
Its a secret gif 6 » GIF Images Download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...