Thursday, February 25, 2021

Group Meetings (except not really because I'm still alone in my bedroom)

Hi everyone! Hope your week isn't feeling as long as mine!!

It's my birthday today!! I am 18 years old!! Everything is good except I was expecting to wake up a year older and with an idea for my short film. Unfortunately, I only woke up a year older. I feel a lot like this:


On the brighter side of things, today we had our group meetings. I'm not attending school so I was able to do this from the comfort of my bed. My teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, put us in breakout rooms. I took notes from the meeting on my phone:


While it was kind of hard to share that much in this meeting considering I do not have an idea of what to do yet. It was kind of comforting to hear that some of my classmates didn't have an idea yet either, though. I feel better, especially considering that I know the less I force it, the better the idea will be. Obviously, I have to force it a little though, considering this project is due in like a month and a half?? That is so soon oh my god. I'm not even kidding just typing that out hit me like a bus. WOW. Okay anyways, I did learn some good things today! A classmate suggested a website called shortoftheweek.com. This should help bring some inspiration, I hope. I also got the idea of creating a pros and cons list when debating ideas for my short film. This will be especially efficient for me because I am insanely indecisive and struggle to find the benefits in almost every single decision I ever make. I also realized I need to focus on my editing, as I don't really know what I'm doing! I have a school computer that has Adobe Premiere Pro, which is a really good program that I honestly do not know how to use. Last year, I was not in charge of editing in my group. I used a program called WeVideo to edit my CCR, which was simple enough to use. My plan is to attempt to use Premiere and see if I can get a hang of it; if not, WeVideo it is. I am also planning on setting up a calendar for myself, mostly because I procrastinate sooooooooooo much. I think that will help keep me on schedule. 
Other than that, I spent most of the meeting battling my internal raging jealousy for my classmates that seemed to be much more prepared than I was. I'm trying not to start freaking out about not having an idea yet, but I am failing miserably. Hopefully my next post I will return with the most awesome idea that will blow your heads off. Ciao!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...