Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Stranded!!

 Hey guys! So remember I told you I was going on vacation? I came to North Carolina for the weekend with my boyfriend and his family to go snowboarding for my birthday. Honestly, I had a lot of fun. But I was kind of expecting this drastic change in location to punch me in the face with a huge, groundbreaking idea for my short film. Maybe like a cute little winter-themed idea? It is crazy how it didn't work this way and I still feel blocked. 

To make matters even better, I missed my flight! So, now I am writing this blog for you all on my phone at 1 in the morning, on the cold, cold floor of the airport. Perhaps I will make my short story about an idiot girl who arrives at the airport 10 minutes late and has to pay an extra $100 for a flight back a day later, only to end up getting murdered by her parents when she gets home. 

Just kidding! That is too morbid for my taste. I apologize if my blogs are a little boring right now. I promise I'll have an idea for you soon. 

For now, here are some obstacles I have narrowed down:

  • I am leaning officially towards the fantasy genre
  • I will probably end up being the main actor in my short film
    • While I don't love to act, I know that it will be harder to find someone in covid times. I also don't want to have to rely on someone else; they could be a bad actor, flake on me, etc.
  • I want to get my shooting done before the end of this month, hopefully. That leaves me with plenty of time to edit in case I am not good at it. 
Also, I think we have group meetings coming up in class soon. Maybe I will get some inspiration from my peers, or at least some tips I could apply later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Farewell

 This project has been a rollercoaster. Emotionally, mentally. It was super difficult for me originally, as I feel like I was challenging my...